Donate good quality furniture and household goods. We collect them (for free) using our van.
Help us re-use good quality furniture and household goods
In a typical year we recycle several thousand items of furniture and household items in West Somerset. Our furniture re-use project was designed to save these items from ending up on landfill and enable people on lower incomes, who are in receipt of means tested benefit, to purchase good quality furniture.
Anybody is welcome to buy from Engage Furniture Store, however if you can prove that you are entitled to means tested benefits, you will receive the furniture on a lower price.
Engage is completely self funded, with no other income, so all the proceeds from the donations are to cover our costs, such as rent, utilities, the running of the van, insurance, etc. Any surplus is used for improvements, repairs and currently saving towards a much needed new van.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 09:30 to 17:00 (5pm)
- Wednesday: 09:30 to 14:30 (2:30pm)
- Thursday: 09:30 to 17:00 (5pm)
- Friday: 09:30 to 14:30 (2:30pm)
- Saturday: 10:00 to 14:00 (2pm)
- Sunday: Closed
All our furniture is donated. We are happy to receive items at our showroom at Alcombe Village Hall and would prefer it to be by prior arrangement, as we don’t want to turn you away, due to lack of space, or unsuitability.
We also offer a free collection service within the West Somerset area— please call to discuss.
- Sofas, suites, recliners, sofa beds, coffee tables, sideboards and other lounge furniture
- Beds, mattresses and headboards
- Wardrobes, chest of drawers, bedside cabinets and other bedroom furniture
- Dining room furniture: tables, chairs etc.
- Bookcases, some types of display cabinets, office and other kitchen furniture and much more
- Garden furniture & ornaments
Gift-aid your donation!
If you are a UK tax-payer please ask about Gift-Aid. This allows us to reclaim the basic rate of income tax from the Inland Revenue on a donation made by tax-paying donors. For example, if you give us a sofa which raises £60, we can claim £15 from HMRC (the Inland Revenue), making your donation go even further, at no cost to you.
- All furniture with materials, needs to be from a smoke free home, have a fire label if made after 1988, be stain and rip free and have no pet hair
- All furniture must be in good condition as we sell them and don’t give them away.
- Sometimes we can make small repairs but this isn't part of our normal service, and may mean rejecting an item
Other items accepted include mirrors, pictures, bric-a-brac, cutlery, crockery, small electrical items, books, tools, and ornaments. However we are currently unable to accept white goods, clothes, bedding and shoes.
- We deliver all over West Somerset, with charges dependent upon location.
- For delivery locations outside West Somerset please ask for a specific price quote.
- We charge per delivery not per item—these charges help us to maintain our vehicle and cover the cost of fuel and a driver. Why not look at our Facebook page for items we currently have for sale
We sell good quality furniture at affordable prices. All those items need a new home and we can save them from going to landfill by finding them a new home.